Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day. Here in the US, this is one of the days we honor our war heroes as well as our family loved ones who have died for a cause they strongly believed in, the protection of this great country. Our family has also proudly served in several branches of the Military. Both my and my husband's fathers served in and survived World War II, but have now passed away. We proudly fly the flag that draped my husband's father's coffin on important patriotic holidays.

A quick update on last week-end's craft show. We had sunny but windy weather most of Saturday so I spent a lot of time keeping the canopy from flying away. Unfortunately, the crowd was smaller and not in a buying mood so my sales were down. Because this has been one of my better shows in past years, I was really disappointed. Made the booth fee, but not much more.

But I continue plugging away. One good happening was that I was invited to show and sell at a monthly fine art event that will be in a local Plaza. Look forward to that.

I have also been creating more jewelry. Kind of went on an earring making junket. Made 6 pair this week, plus 2 necklaces, and 2 bracelets. I'm working on a very special design necklace and bracelet set that I hope will be a beauty! I'm also working today on a glass bead necklace that has two different shaped, same color, beads being used.

While working on today's necklace, I came up with a new idea for a different necklace to use up a large quantity of multi-colored glass beads and a focal point that I had laying around.

Also, happily, the earrings with the glass bead and olive jade nugget sold last week-end.

Photos will follow asap.

Blessings..

No comments:

Post a Comment