Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm back and going a different direction.


I know I've been away for months, but I have not been too lazy. About the same time I quit blogging here, I also purchased a new Nikon DSLR camera. Since my training and profession (and passion) is photography, all my creative juices are flowing in this direction. I have set aside my jewelry making for a short while too. I have taken several thousand images since October and am getting to know my camera and my skills are coming back.

We, the spouse and I, finally got to take a trip together last month. Way too short, and waited much to long for it to happen, but it was wonderful. Got to have a mini school reunion with three school friends who have gone back to where we all grew up. Sorry, not me. I need Big City life too much to make it in a small country town. We had a great visit, taking over a local cafe after the lunch crowds were gone.

In addition, since my Van has been the only vehicle for at least 5 years, we finally bought the Husband a (new to him) 2002 PT Cruiser, which he loves, and so we went on Vacation in style and comfort, complete with a sunroof that opens, and leather seats!

Another change I have decided to make are to limit my Craft Show entries for a while. Sales here are pretty poor unless the merchandise is used daily. So my show fees are going towards camera cards and other supplies.

My Son's soon to be Bride has invited to take me around Galleries in the Denver, CO area and get some of my framed work in galleries there. She is a business professional and has lots of friends and connections in the area. Look forward to the challenge and the visit.

I am including a couple of images that are recent. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment