Friday, March 7, 2014

Hearts a'dangling.

This light dangling pair of earrings, made from copper wire of course, is the last creative project I've done lately.  I have a few things on my plate that are kind of blocking my creating thoughts.

My husband is having shoulder surgery on March 14 and since he NEVER HAS serious health issues, I (the family worrier) am concerned.  

In addition, I am in the planning stage of a return trip to Germany to visit family that I haven't seen for a long time.  Excitement and lots of nerves happening here.  Course I know all will work out the way it is supposed to, but I AM the family worrier!

Back to the earrings and better things.  I have been doing a lot of tutorial researching for jewelry making and finding some great new ideas for wire working.  I used some info from one of the new tuts and some ideas from my own creativity as I worked.  Used 20 gauge pure copper and hand formed most of the design, did a little wire wrapping and then some hammering to strengthen the wire.  The small red glass heart bead only seemed appropriate.

The earring went up on my facebook page and are for sale on my Etsy shop site: https://www.etsy.com/listing/181606748/copper-wire-wrap-heart-shaped-dangle?

Weekend plans are still up in the air.  Take up to 4 cats to the vet for shots or do a short 4 hour craft show on a parking lot in the sun and the wind.....

Any suggestions?   Later, Ya'll.





No comments:

Post a Comment