Thursday, July 9, 2009

Preparing for a two day show this week-end

I am trying very hard to get excited and 'revved up' for the show I am entered in this week-end. I have not been very creative this last two weeks, even though I have gotten a few pieces made. With our very hot and usually dry weather here in the Desert, my main concern was to stay as comfortable as possible. And this is the 'Monsoon Season" here as well. We only have a few inches of rain per year and most of it falls between June and probably the end of August.....usually when a big event is scheduled.

The good part of this Weather is that we have been swimming every day, sometimes morning and afternoon, and I am losing weight. YES!!!!! I am hoping to have made a real improvement by the end of August.

Hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th week-end. My husband and I were guests at a local car event (drag race for those car people out there). I photographed and my husband who is a writer, interviewed racers and took down data. Turned out to be a long day and late evening as we finally got home and in bed at 4 am of the 5th. But a very good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment