Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Class One: Introduction

Welcome to my blog. I am new to blog writing so this is going to be a new experience. I love learning new things so here we go.

I will be showing jewelry that I am making new for more of the craft shows that I attend. I work almost exclusively with copper wire to create earrings, bracelets, bangle bracelets, chain necklaces, and necklaces of all lengths using glass beads.

Most of my creations are made using the wire wrap method and copper wires 18 and 20 gauge. Many of the glass beads are hand made from India. Each creation is designed by me and I try to create only one of each design.

Also a budding coppersmith, I make copper wire bangles from thick heavy wire that requires soldering and hammering to curve the wires. Still working on my soldering and will continue taking classes to improve.

Stepping back into a College classroom, I am currently completing a class in Metal Embossing and though it is totally different that the way I make designs on my jewelry, this will be another form of art that I want to blend with my photographs.

I try to create pieces of jewelry weekly and will be posting an image of new work here as I finish and have the time.

I look forward to responses and visits with you thru my art/craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment